- Virginia Home-Based Counseling, P.C.
- VHBC's Behavioral Therapy Program
- Virginia Support Services, PC
Virginia Home Based Counseling is a State Licensed Intensive In-Home Service program that provides therapeutic intervention to families with children who are at risk for an out of home placement due to the child’s mental, behavioral, or emotional disorder. Intensive in-home services are an effective way to address the situation within the individual’s environment and to produce change. The program provides therapeutic services designed to reduce disruptive, problematic, or risky behavior and seeks to empower parents to develop and lead healthier lives.
The primary goal of this program is to preserve the family unit and prevent the unnecessary placement of children outside of their homes or community.
- Families can be the best primary resource and decision-makers.
- Counseling services are built around family preferences, choices and values.
- Counseling services are customized for each family and their individual strengths.
- Counseling services are geared toward the natural support system of the family.
- Counseling services are aimed at maximizing interagency cooperation to maintain the youth in the family and community.
- Crisis guidance and resource management
- Individual and family counseling
- Life skills training
- Positive Parenting Training
- Communication and relationship enhancement
- Individual Case Coordination
- 24-hour emergency response